Hi, from Ada, Oklahoma!

littlecheeper

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 22, 2012
Hello. I just became a member, although I've had my first set of chickens since early this year around March.

I'm still very much a beginner at raising chickens. They're wonderful - each of them have their own personalities.
smile.png

I know from browsing around that I've come to the right website.

Goodbye for now.

Little Cheeper

Dear Willowbranchfarm,
Thank you for your reply. I do have a question! Tonight here the temperature will reach 43 degrees Fahrenheit. My chickens are (for now) using a dog kennel for a chicken coop. A picture of it can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78561806@N04/8297733391/in/photostream
I'd like to ask if they need to be brought into the house at night when it gets to 40 degrees or lower? It rarely gets below 20 degrees here. Should I bring them in then? I just read a post from someone in Alaska who had an unheated coop and their chickens were apparently fine after temperatures of minus 40 degrees.
Any help would be very gratefully appreciated.

The sleeping area looks pretty open so I would eather put something like a blanket over it to keep in warmth or bring them in. If you do put something over it make sure they can still get air. Is it too small for them??? They should snuggle together and keep warm.

I'm sorry - I wasn't ignoring the other posters - I'm having to use my phone to post this (computer conked out) and you all replied as I was composing my post.

Back
Top Bottom