Hi from Alabama

Brookwood Barnyard

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? No I grew up with chickens, however I haven’t had any for over 20 years until this last January.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 82 adults, around 150 chicks and 250 eggs in the incubator

(3) What breeds do you have? OEGB, Silkies, Cochin bantam, Lavender Orpington, Guineas Grey and Royal Purple,Turkey Royal Palm and Bourbon Red,Shamo, Frizzle, Dominicque Bantam, Rhode Island Red Bantam, Law Grey, Kearney White hackle, Asil, Brown Red, Wheaten Bantam and my newest Malaysian Serama and Traditional Serama

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? All of it but hatching time is my most favorite.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? raising rabbits, gardening, canning, Arts and crafts.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My husband and I are in our 50s. Married a year ago. Country girl meets city boy , teaching him about farm life has been an adventure LOL but I wouldn’t change it for the world.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Back
Top Bottom