Hi from Berkeley CA!~

clapping

Chirping
Sep 29, 2020
Hi all, my name's Angela and I live in Berkeley California. I'm 32 and I got chicks recently after moving into a house with a yard! I currently have 5 chickens - two americaunas, two barred rock, and one delaware. I have a sneaking suspicion 2/5 of my chickens are roosters (one barred rock who crows every morning, LOL, and the other Delaware that hasn't crowed but looks like it will!). If you live in the area and would like to rehome a rooster, please reach out - they are really sweet, and the barred rock jumps up on your lap to be pet!!

I like backyard chickens because I've had them as a kid and I know how funny and sweet they can be as pets, as well as the bonus of free eggs! Additionally I'm an Environmental scientist as my profession and I have an interest in sustainable homemaking, gardening, etc. Chickens is a fun project for it!

Other than chickens I like to cook, bike, camp, travel (in non-COVID times!) and hang out with family. Looking forward to being in this community, thank you!

Angela

HI. :frow
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Hello from the UK welcome to BYC 💖💖
Your welcome to show us full body and combs of ones that are suspicious and we can tell u our opinions xx

Thanks Sammi! Here are some pictures. The barred rock, right, is not suspicious - I know 'Yoko' is a rooster. Ronnie, the Delaware on the left, is who I'm suspicious of. All three of these cuties are 3 months old exactly. You can see Joni, in the middle, is also a lot smaller although that may be a breed difference I don't know about.

Attachments

• attachments (1).zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3599.jpg
    IMG_3599.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    802.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3601.jpg
    IMG_3601.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 7