Hi from Bulgaria

cyrano8559

Chirping
Mar 17, 2018
Bulgaria.
Hi, would like to introduce ourselves. Bob and Wendy from England and now residing in Bulgaria. We moved out eight years ago and settled. We transformed our derelict house and barn and cleared our little half acre site. We have kept chickens since coming here with mixed success. We've had mortality due to illness, pest and predators but usually have between six and ten happy hens at any given time. We added to the flock last year by buying two geese and a turkey, but the turkey unfortunately didn't last long enough to grace our Christmas table. Hopefully if we decide to purchase one (or two) again this year we will have better luck.
Our first post will be regarding our geese. Hopefully someone will be able to help.
All our very best wishes to you all.

G’Day from down under Bob & Wendy :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Hi Bob & Wendy and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us:ya
Poults are too inquisitive and find lots of ways to get into trouble. Mine stay in the brooder for 3 weeks and then live in a shelter on pasture for 5-8 more weeks. After they get some size on them, they are pretty indestructible. Stop by and visit us on the Turkey forum when you have time.

Welcome to BYC Broody with chicks.jpeg

Welcome to Backyard Chickens from Woodland California!

Keep the Turkeys away from the chickens. Chickens can pass black head to the turkeys which is fatal to the turkey but does not hurt the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom