Hi from Canada

WLLady

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 10, 2012
Rural Southwestern Ontario, Canada
Hey everyone! I've lurked long enough! Time to introduce myself to all the helpful people on this site that have unknowingly totally supported my obsession! I'm from Southwestern Ontario in Canada, between Toronto and Windsor, sort of in the middle of nowhere. 162 acres, 2 clydesdales, 3 dogs, and a dear husband who is afraid I have gone stark-raving mad (but then I catch him feeding and talking to the chickens too). I've had chickens a year now, built a chicken "trailer" (quite literally, a tow behind a truck chicken coop LOL), and am just building a larger 12x8 coop (should hopefully finish up in the next couple of weeks if the weather holds). I have 28 eggs due to hatch on tuesday (yep, valentine's day-and i swear that wasn't planned!), and another 40 or so on the 21st to share between my farm and another friend's farm down the road. Currently I have a mixed flock of RIR, New Hampshire, Black sex linked and columbian x RIRs. 8 total (started with 11. coyotes and barn cats are evil....). Plus a very cute little Barred Rock hen that was borrowed from down the road for breeding purposes. Also borrowed a Barred Rock rooster since I have no roosters so all the upcoming chicks will be the proverbial "mutts". I can't wait to see what the feather patterns will look like. I worked in Developmental Biology for quite a few years at a university and it's probably a natural progression for me to have gotten completely obsessively hooked on this....i just hope that I can put away the incubator after these little fuzzybutts hatch and not touch it for at least a year! here's hoping for a good hatch and that i didn't do anything wrong....LOL
Thank you everyone for all the wonderful information on this site!

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
frow.gif

Here are some other Valentine hatchers

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/612098/valentines-day-hatch

Welcome from Ohio. Don't put that incubator away! Embrace being a hatchaholic like the rest of us enablers lol.

Back
Top Bottom