Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by swflchick, Dec 30, 2009.
Welcome to BYC.
Hi Dawn and welcome!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? New to chickens! I've had chickens for three years now
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I've got um.....nine large fowlchickens (8 hens and a rooster) and 8 bantams
(3) What breeds do you have? Modern Game bantams, Barred Rock, Wheaten Marans, Rhode Island Red, Golden Buff, a little mutt, and two Cream Brabanters.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Just surfing the web
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Crocheting, gardening
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Married 10 years (my second marriage) I've got two sons and a step daughter and a step son. I'm a first time grandma to little baby Lucy who will turn 1 next week, I work in an office, my husband is a machinist. We've got two dogs, a pomeranian and an Irish Terrier. I'm 46 and my husband is 41. That's about it!
Here are my responses to the questions posted above:
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? New to chickens! I've had mine since the week of Christmas 2010, so about 2.5 mo. now!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 2 Rhode Island reds (Lucille and Amelia), 3 black sex links (Ursula, Oregano, Briquette), 1 mystery black chicken (Elenore), 1 white silkie (Ms. Frizzle who I now suspect may be Mr. Frizzle - roo! ), 1 ameracuna (Eyebrows), 1 red cochin bantam (Cinnamon Sasquatch SlipperFoot), 1 buff cochin bantam (Sunshine Slipperfoot), 1 silver sebright (Pipsqueak), 1 golden sebright (Burnt Toast who is now crowing and most definitely a roo! ), and 1 bantam phoenix (Basil) who is so gosh darn tame and docile I love her to pieces
(3) What breeds do you have? see above
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? highly recommended by a friend
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? organic gardening, beekeeping, wildlife stewardship, homeschooling, cooking/baking from scratch, cross-stitch, crochet, writing/blogging.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Married for almost 15 years to a very tolerant saint of man. Have 3 fabulous kiddos who are home educated, or shall I say, self-educated. 10 cats, all indoors, but I dust and vacuum and mop ALOT , 1 cockatiel (Milton), 1 red rat snake (Socrates who is 20 years old!), 1 mouse (Hyper), and 4 Gerbils (new to us, no names yet). We are aspiring urban farmers/homesteaders who only need to find a place that will welcome folks with ideas like ours.
Hi there! So you're in the Cape as well?? Tell me, are you familiar with the ordinances for the city in regards to chickens? I can't find the actual info anywhere! I have four chicks now