Hi from Cape Coral, FL!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by swflchick, Dec 30, 2009.

1. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from Missouri [​IMG]

2. ProgressiveHomemaker

ProgressiveHomemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Mars Hill, NC
    thank you! [​IMG]

3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hi Dawn and welcome!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? New to chickens! I've had chickens for three years now

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I've got um.....nine large fowlchickens (8 hens and a rooster) and 8 bantams

(3) What breeds do you have? Modern Game bantams, Barred Rock, Wheaten Marans, Rhode Island Red, Golden Buff, a little mutt, and two Cream Brabanters.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Just surfing the web

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Crocheting, gardening

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Married 10 years (my second marriage) I've got two sons and a step daughter and a step son. I'm a first time grandma to little baby Lucy who will turn 1 next week, I work in an office, my husband is a machinist. We've got two dogs, a pomeranian and an Irish Terrier. I'm 46 and my husband is 41. That's about it!

6. ProgressiveHomemaker

ProgressiveHomemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Mars Hill, NC
    Here are my responses to the questions posted above:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? New to chickens! I've had mine since the week of Christmas 2010, so about 2.5 mo. now!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 2 Rhode Island reds (Lucille and Amelia), 3 black sex links (Ursula, Oregano, Briquette), 1 mystery black chicken (Elenore), 1 white silkie (Ms. Frizzle who I now suspect may be Mr. Frizzle - roo! [​IMG]), 1 ameracuna (Eyebrows), 1 red cochin bantam (Cinnamon Sasquatch SlipperFoot), 1 buff cochin bantam (Sunshine Slipperfoot), 1 silver sebright (Pipsqueak), 1 golden sebright (Burnt Toast who is now crowing and most definitely a roo! [​IMG]), and 1 bantam phoenix (Basil) who is so gosh darn tame and docile I love her to pieces [​IMG]:love:love

(3) What breeds do you have? see above

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? highly recommended by a friend

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? organic gardening, beekeeping, wildlife stewardship, homeschooling, cooking/baking from scratch, cross-stitch, crochet, writing/blogging.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Married for almost 15 years to a very tolerant saint of man. Have 3 fabulous kiddos who are home educated, or shall I say, self-educated. 10 cats, all indoors, but I dust and vacuum and mop ALOT [​IMG], 1 cockatiel (Milton), 1 red rat snake (Socrates who is 20 years old!), 1 mouse (Hyper), and 4 Gerbils (new to us, no names yet). We are aspiring urban farmers/homesteaders who only need to find a place that will welcome folks with ideas like ours.

7. sk acres

sk acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Marana, AZ
    [​IMG] from AZ

8. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio [​IMG]

9. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Tn

10. Girlwithahoe

Girlwithahoe Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2014
    Hi there! So you're in the Cape as well?? Tell me, are you familiar with the ordinances for the city in regards to chickens? I can't find the actual info anywhere! I have four chicks now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by