Hi from Central Illinois!

blusbro

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2018
Central Illinois
I've been interested in having a few backyard chickens for a while. Where I live, it's not *exactly* legal, but I've spoken to one of my neighbors who used to be on the board about the code here. He said that a guy wanted to see about getting it changed, but it kind of fizzed out when it was apparent that no one really cared. He had neighbors that didn't mind, so that was that. So I'm taking that as precedent! In reality, i'm not to worried; it's pretty laid back. Plus, I have my parents on one side and cool neighbors on the other side, so it's all good.

I'm wanting to start building a coop soon. Would like to have about 4 chickens in a coop with easy access (I'm tall and don't want to bend all that much). It would be great to do as much as I can with pallets and other reclaimed wood after framing up the coop. I'd also like to have a long run that I can put a few raised bed gardens upon.

The idea that I can introduce my children to some agricultural opportunities like this is enticing. Plus, eggs!!!

I'm looking forward to visiting here and soaking up all of the assistance I can get, so thank you in advance!!

G'Day from down under blusbro :frowWelcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may be interested in these links:

:welcome
Hello and welcome!! SO glad you could join us!!
There is a ton of people always willing to help! SO if you ever need help with something, just ask! Hope you have a wonderful time on BYC!

Hello and welcome to BYC

you have some great links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom