Hi from Colorado! Happy to be here!

Jun 18, 2022
Hi all! I'm Ellie. I'm 29, I have a husband, two kids, 5 and 1, and a dog and a cat. This is my first time owning chickens and I'm so very excited! I've wanted chickens for about 7 years but was never in a position to commit to having any. My husband and I are Military so we've moved from place to place for the past 9 years! This is our last year active duty so we aren't moving anymore and I can finally have my chickens! I got 7 day-old chicks on June 3rd and they are all doing so well! I got a variety of really beautiful birds. I have a Black Sumatra, a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, a White Crested Black Polish, a Partridge Olive Egger, a White Cochin, a Black/Lavender split Orpington, and a Blue Copper Maran. I'm really excited to teach my daughter about backyard homesteading, gardening, and animal care. She loves learning new things and we both love caring for all types of animals. I have a ton of other hobbies (as you can see by my name 😅) I love video games, both PC and Xbox, I'm obsessed with cooking and baking, I sew clothing, I love singing and dancing, I'm pretty good with power tools, I do some very amateur photography, and I like exploring new places and having new experiences. I look forward to chatting with everyone and getting some really solid advice and hopefully being able to eventually share advice of my own!

Welcome! Your family sounds a lot like my family:) Once my husband and I got out of the military we moved with our two boys to a farm in the country. Since you love trying new things I highly recommend your try raising ducks next:D
I would LOVE to have ducks. Unfortunately we live in a residential area so I'm limited to hens 😭

Back
Top Bottom