Hi from Colorado!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JodyJo, Sep 27, 2010.

1. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    HI, my name is Jody, I am a new mom...chicken mom that is! We live in a very rural area and raise cattle. We have been considering chickens for some time, finally we 'went for it'! Remodeled part of our barn and built a run...next step where to find chicks...do we go for full grown or babies? We found some babies at our local feed/supply store and I grabbed 9 of the largest ones I could find. Luckily we have 5 of one type and 4 of the other. We just hope they were labeled correctly and we got all pullets. We are not wanting a roo at this time. Now to sit back and watch the little buggers grow! And grow they are...and so much fun to watch. My little boy is going to be 5 and has Down Syndrome, he is very high functioning and will be a great deal of help gathering and feeding as the chicks get older. He adores animals and this just adds to his excitement for going outside! I find this site to be so useful and everyone so kind and willing to help all they can. I look forward to submitting new pics and helping any way I can also!

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

3. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome & Hello from a fellow Coloradoan! We have Colorado thread on here too!

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from an imp in Washington

Congrats on the chicks.

Imp

5. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] and hello from Indiana

6. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! I'm in the middle of nowhere Colorado too! We raise chickens and turkeys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by