Hi From Connecticut!

Yoda

Songster
9 Years
Jul 7, 2010
Shady Hills, FL
Hello everyone!
frow.gif

I grew up with chickens and had a few friends who were chicken LOL I happen to be exploring on Ebay and found "hatching eggs" and said I will give it a try. I purchased an incubator and some Silkie eggs. Why Silkie? cause they reminded me of some famous people. The seller had pics and I said that one looks like Patti LaBelle and this one like Cher oh, can't leave out Bette Midler LOL. Well, I had two eggs hatch and was so excited that they did. I have had fish, pigeons and other animals that have bred for me in the past but nothing compares to hatching them yourself. I will include pics at the bottom.
I went to Walmart and purchased a small canbinet and converted it into a small two room brooder - yes my kids have a two room appartment already at 3 days old LOL. I am currently looking for a new home with at least 1 acre of land and have submitted bids but have not heard back yet.
I currently have: 10 Koi, a turtle (rescued), a dove (lost her 19yr old mate Floyd
hit.gif
), 3 dogs - Chubby an 11 year old mix - yes he has been chubby his whole life, Joxer a 1 1/2 year old rescued pointer and Chi Ana - a 7 month old pit puppy that no one wanted
hu.gif

I do want to hatch some peacocks one day after I get the new house
thumbsup.gif

Here are some pics:
The pups - yes they use Chubby as pillow, but he don't mind LOL:
100_1075a.jpg

The Brooder:
100_1306.jpg

100_1307.jpg

Has removable panels to adjust warm air:
100_1308.jpg

100_1309.jpg

My Chicks June 30:
100_1302-Copy.jpg

100_1301-Copy.jpg

July 1:
100_1304.jpg

100_1303.jpg

Current pics:
100_1329.jpg

100_1331.jpg

yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

I am also a Star Wars Yoda collector and if you have not noticed this is my Avatar:
yodaandchick.jpg

Thanks for letting me show you some pics and reading my little post
bun.gif

Frank
lau.gif

thefamilyflock, annie3001, Buff Hooligans - Thanks for the nice welcome! I look forward to posting a lot LOL
Frank

Back
Top Bottom