1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Hi From Connecticut!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Yoda, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Yoda

Yoda Songster

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    Hello everyone![​IMG]
    I grew up with chickens and had a few friends who were chicken LOL I happen to be exploring on Ebay and found "hatching eggs" and said I will give it a try. I purchased an incubator and some Silkie eggs. Why Silkie? cause they reminded me of some famous people. The seller had pics and I said that one looks like Patti LaBelle and this one like Cher oh, can't leave out Bette Midler LOL. Well, I had two eggs hatch and was so excited that they did. I have had fish, pigeons and other animals that have bred for me in the past but nothing compares to hatching them yourself. I will include pics at the bottom.
    I went to Walmart and purchased a small canbinet and converted it into a small two room brooder - yes my kids have a two room appartment already at 3 days old LOL. I am currently looking for a new home with at least 1 acre of land and have submitted bids but have not heard back yet.
    I currently have: 10 Koi, a turtle (rescued), a dove (lost her 19yr old mate Floyd [​IMG] ), 3 dogs - Chubby an 11 year old mix - yes he has been chubby his whole life, Joxer a 1 1/2 year old rescued pointer and Chi Ana - a 7 month old pit puppy that no one wanted [​IMG]
    I do want to hatch some peacocks one day after I get the new house [​IMG]
    Here are some pics:
    The pups - yes they use Chubby as pillow, but he don't mind LOL:
    [​IMG]
    The Brooder:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Has removable panels to adjust warm air:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My Chicks June 30:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    July 1:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Current pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I am also a Star Wars Yoda collector and if you have not noticed this is my Avatar:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for letting me show you some pics and reading my little post [​IMG]
    Frank [​IMG]

2. thefamilyflock

thefamilyflock Songster

Mar 21, 2010
    East Granby CT
    [​IMG] Chicks are adorable!

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] from ct!!! your chicks look so cute![​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Congrats on your hatching success. They are triple cute! Welcome to BYC.

5. Yoda

Yoda Songster

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    thefamilyflock, annie3001, Buff Hooligans - Thanks for the nice welcome! I look forward to posting a lot LOL
    Frank

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by