hi from Illinois

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by texchi, Nov 8, 2008.

1. texchi

texchi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2008
    I am new to the site and glad i am found it. We now have 120 red stars and hoping to have a good egg business

2. lostsoulhelpmejebus

lostsoulhelpmejebus Incubating Fool

Sep 23, 2008
    Roanoke, Illinois
    Welcome to the forum! 120 is alot of hens...good luck on your egg business. May I ask where you are located in Illinois? I am outside Peoria. I only have 12 Rhode Island Red hens and 1 matching rooster.

[​IMG]

3. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

[​IMG]

Good Luck with our egg business. I have quite a few Red Sexlinks. Super egg laying ability.

4. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    Welcome, this is a great site, good luck in your endeavors. [​IMG]

5. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    from illinois here too
    I have about 100 hens also, and a bunch of roosters.
    welcome to BYC!
    [​IMG]

6. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    I have 14 Red Stars. They are the STARS!!! Good luck and [​IMG]

7. Capt. Crusoe

Capt. Crusoe Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2007
    McHenry County, IL
    A warm welcome from Northern Illinois! I have one old rooster at the moment - his name is "Chief". Chief and I have a love/hate relationship - He loves riding in the truck with me but there are times I hate taking him everywhere I go. - He knows to sit while the truck in motion but has his neck stretched to the limit, staring out the window. I think he thinks we are “Cruising For Chicks". He enjoys our trips to the bank as the drive-up teller lady always has his favorite cookie waiting for him. A Salerno Butter Cookie, he will do anything for a cookie. My wife "Elaine" gives him 12-grain bread and he gobbles it as fast as she can pull pieces off a slice. He is a good ole bird - I hope he is with us for many more years.
    Elaine and I raised 15 orphaned wild turkey poults this past summer and they returned to the wild a couple months back - I have a thread about the kids under the "Other fowl category" called: Eastern Wild Turkeys "Love Story"
    You will soon find out this is the best site with the most knowledgeable people. Great ideas come out all the time and the photos are fantastic. Sure glad you are a member of the Illinois flock. Looking forward to your post. [​IMG]

8. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG] Where in IL I have a bil and sil that live in Rock Falls.

9. chickenchickenbulkbulk

chickenchickenbulkbulk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    OHIO
    [​IMG] Welcome from southern Ohio!! [​IMG]

10. Where in Illinois???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by