Hi from Illinois

Hello, welcome to BYC.
Do you have a large coop?
25 chickens will need about 100 sq foot of space in the coop, plus a minimum of 250 sq foot in the run, and additional room for feed & water, and nests.
Do you have a plan for your cockerels?
20220929_074541.jpg

I am only allowed hens in the city i live. As you can see, i may have a cockerel in this group, which i am told i must get rid of . I have not had any luck finding him a home. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
4 sq feet per bird is what i am informed i need so i fenced in an area around the coops as i am also not allowed to free range without constant supervision. My limit according to those rules allows me 30 birds total but i think 25 with possible roosters leaving, is enough for me. Thank you for the welcome!

View attachment 3275064
I am only allowed hens in the city i live. As you can see, i may have a cockerel in this group, which i am told i must get rid of . I have not had any luck finding him a home. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
4 sq feet per bird is what i am informed i need so i fenced in an area around the coops as i am also not allowed to free range without constant supervision. My limit according to those rules allows me 30 birds total but i think 25 with possible roosters leaving, is enough for me. Thank you for the welcome!
20220921_180932.jpg
20220921_180932.jpg

View attachment 3275064
I've had good luck by advertising on Craigslist, Facebook poultry groups, and on the community bulletin board at tractor supply.

Back
Top Bottom