Hi, from Kansas City, Missouri!!

caitkc

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 14, 2012
My name is Caitlin, I go by Cait or Caitlin. I'm 27, I have two sons, 2 (3 in April) and 5, and my husband is 28. I work from home and take care of the kids, too.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
VERY new to chickens...we are pretty much just looking at the whole idea right now. We do live in Kansas City, not in the country, so we are looking at our options.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Zero :) We are looking at owning 4 or 5, if we decide it would be the right choice for us.

(3) What breeds do you have?
None yet, but I've been looking around and I'm trying to figure out what works best with our climate, needs, and situation. Some of the terms and things are still confusing for me, so I am just trying to figure them out before I settle for certain breed(s).

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I don't have any hobbies I'm really hardcore about - but on a good day I love to read, make jewelry *just for fun*, and sit on my butt outside while the kids play :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband is Lee, we have been together for 7 years this August. We have two sons, Dylan 5, and Evan who will be 3 in April. We have two dogs, Maggie is a beagle basset mix, and Spike is a brittany jack mix. That is another thing we're thinking about with the chickens. I work from home as a medical transcriptionist, part time, although it feels like full time since I'm juggling kids at the same time :)

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
frow.gif

Google the Henderson Chicken Chart for a great breed reference page

Thanks for the chicken chart!! i need to get a notebook and make lists...so much information!!

Back
Top Bottom