Hi from Knoxville, TN!!

Candice W

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 8, 2014
Tennessee
I have gotten so mush knowledge from BYC! So now... Being a new mom to 20 eggs has brought me to join!! We have had chickens for 6 years now. For the first time one our hens went broody. So since we don't have a rooster I bought some fertile eggs and put 12 under Mama and decided I wanted to try to incubate some. I started off with 9 in the incubator and had to get rid of one because it went bad. This has been a great experience. Nerve wracking at times. I feel like a new mom!!! Well today is day 21 for my eggs in the batior and 2 days ago was Mama's day 21. Last night I went out to check on Mama and I heard at least one baby. So excited!! Then I woke up this morning to hearing chirping in the batior!! Two of them! I'm a nervous wreck, but excited to finally be experiencing this awesome miracle of life!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

How Egg-citing!!!! You must be a proud momma!!!

Good luck with all these hatches. We LOVE chick pics! So feel free to share them with us.

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy all those babies!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Good luck with your hatch!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I hope the hatch goes well!

Thanks for the welcome!!!

I have two baby chicks from the babor. I just posted a question about one of the chicks. She hatched about 3 or more hours ago and still has some more drying off to do. But it looks like she is panting now!! The temp is about 100 and humidity is 65. She opens her beak and keeps it open and then pants. :( Should I put her in the brooder??? Help!!

Back
Top Bottom