Hi from Lexington, Ky!!

Cluckmylife

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2022
Hi! Our family is currently looking at starting a backyard coop in the spring of 2023. We are an animal loving family in an urban environment for now. (Until kiddos out of HS)

I have looked everywhere I can to find a limit on the number of hens we can raise. I know noisy birds are a nono but idk how many ladies we can house. Does anyone know where I can find that info??

Thank you!!

Welcome and hello. Glad to here your thinking about chickens and you have plenty of time to study up. There should be answers under the city ordinances but I looked through it for you and it just says you cant sell them. Nothing about keeping chickens I would give them a call tomorrow or Monday and find out for sure. You may not have a code for your city and you may be able to keep roosters too. If you have any questions about anything hit us up we are glad to help!:)

Welcome and hello. Glad to here your thinking about chickens and you have plenty of time to study up. There should be answers under the city ordinances but I looked through it for you and it just says you cant sell them. Nothing about keeping chickens I would give them a call tomorrow or Monday and find out for sure. You may not have a code for your city and you may be able to keep roosters too. If you have any questions about anything hit us up we are glad to help!:)
That's what I've run into as well. So I'll make some calls next week or so and see if I can pin down a number of feathered babes we can have!! Thanks for trying!!

Back
Top Bottom