Hi from Matthews NC

gavinandallison

Songster
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
Matthews, NC.
New to the Chicken world, we'd like to say hi and possibly talk with others in our local area that raise chickens for eggs. We are Allison and Gavin Dyer, living south of Matthews NC. We have 5 3-week old Plymouth Barren Rock chicks that we are currently raising in a brooder box in our back bedroom. We have a coop and built an outside run for them that we plan to move around the yard.

So, if you are close by please email us at: [email protected] then we can swap stories, ideas and hints on better raising of our little "girls".

welcome-byc.gif
from OKlahoma.

Hi Allison & Gavin! We're in NC as well - just a few hours north. From the looks of your BYC page it seems you are already settling in nicely with your chicks. Congratulations on the new adventure and
welcome-byc.gif

I heard you i could be addicting. My 14 y.o son wanted to have hens. He is raising 1 Rhode Island red, 1 Barred rock, 1 Ameraucana, 1 Cuckoo maran, and 1 Bearded silkie. And he wants to get more and more, and more. You must have a big space to have all of your girls. Have a happy and fun raising. We love our girls. Never knew raising chickens could be such a good therapy.
I called "chicken therapy".
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom