1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from Mendon, MA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TeaTimesC, Jun 6, 2016.

1. TeaTimesC

TeaTimesC New Egg

May 20, 2016
    Mendon, MA
    Hello all! I have been reading the forums for a long time, but only recently created a membership. I live in Mendon, MA. Early this year a good friend offered me his old coop (because he build a huge shed/barn for all his animals), and after much thinking I accepted. Chicken math got the best of me, and I ended up with 3 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Black Australorps, 1 Buff Orpington and 1 Barred Rock (the plan was to get 2 or 3 chickens!). I am currently also on week 5 of raising 15 broilers... I have built a chicken tractor hoop style (with cattle panels), and have read more about chickens in the past few months than I could ever imagine. I have also learned a lot both from experience, and from what everyone shares online. It is great to be here!

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard with us. It seems you have already succumbed to chicken maths big time. Maybe next year you can buy the shed / barn from your neighbour? [​IMG].

All the best
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by