Hi from Menominee county, upper Michigan.

nissa_loves_cats

Songster
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
Daggett, upper Michigan
Hi, I'm Nissa from Daggett in upper Michigan. I found BackYardChickens as I was searching the web for Chantecler chickens, and thought I'd join as I've decided to start a mini-hatchery this year. Here are my answers to the suggested questions:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I first got chickens in 1990 when I moved to my current house.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Eleven hens and three roosters, plus a number of eggs in the incubators

(3) What breeds do you have?
Brahma roosters and an assortment of hens. I'm hoping to get into Ameraucana chickens this year.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Random internet searching.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Knitting and world domination. Or being a smart aleck.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have about 20 cats--- not intentionally, it's just that whenever I manage to get all my current cats neutered someone gives me pregnant cats. I also have a Great Pyranees dog called The Dog, who climbs over stock panels and chases cars. Some day she is going to catch one and bury it in the yard.

My current poultry related activities include building nests for my hens to which I hope to attach trap-nest fronts, in the hope of finding out which of the gals actually lay eggs.

Hello
frow.gif
& Welcome to BYC from NC

Back
Top Bottom