Hi from Michigan!

Ferrret

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2010
Michigan
Hello there, I'm a Michigan resident who has what many have called an obsession with chickens. I my self have no idea where this obsession came from but it persists and I plan on getting chickens of my own soon.

I don't currently have chickens but my boyfriend and I are looking at building a coop and getting a half dozen, 2-3 bantams and 3-4 standard layers. I figure it's best to be prepared and informed before just buying up some chicks and winging it.
The breeds we are looking at getting are Silkies (which will be called Shmoo's), Sebrights, Welsumers and Brahmas, perhaps even a Leghorn.
Found this site while looking for info on building coops and chicken care, and it has been super helpful!

A little about myself:
I like to make Halloween props and costumes and I draw a lot. Sketch books don't last long in my hands. I have a muted calico cat and I plan on getting her used to my boyfriends cats so she can come with me when I move in with him. I am currently attending college and won't be able to move in and get chickens with him until the semester ends, but he really likes the idea of building a coop with me and having chickens.

I think I will enjoy it here among other chicken lovin folks!
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Where are you going to college at?

I've attended Delta (AA), SVSU (BA) and began MA at EMU

An ex-boyfriend and I used to make Halloween props and stuff for the Heritage Park Haunted Walk in Farmington Hills, MI near Detroit (your name isn't Dan, is it?)

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington! I'm cheering you for the Brahmas! Nice to see more people get such an underrated but hugely (literally) adorable, fluffy chicken!!
big_smile.png
We LOVE our Brahmas and are getting more.
smile.png

michickenwragler- No my name isn't Dan, that would be a bit of an awkward name for a girl!
big_smile.png
. I am looking at attending Mott Community and maybe if I can afford it transferring from there to the UofM in Flint or MSU. I may just get a Community College degree and be done with it though.

Brahma's are adorable chickens and while my BF was not wanting feather footed chickens, he was swayed by their being cold hardy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom