Hi from Middle Tennessee

Hello and I'm back after so long! Not sure what happened but it's asking to verify my mail again! lol
Anyway, now I have guineas and one hen and 5 little pullets.
I'm having to keep them in an enclosed pen now because of all the predators wiping out the ones I let roam free!
I have an incubator with 12 guinea eggs in it and today is the 25th day. Is it true that today you stop the turner and just let the eggs lay flat? If so, do I put a towel or something under the eggs for the babies when they hatch? I know it's gonna be lockdown and my incobator has holes on the side to add water...and this time I want to do things right!!!
Thanks for any help! <3
You will want to turn the turner off, increase the humidity to 55 to 60%. They can either be left in the turner or taken out....if it's a vertical turner, I just wait until the egg rails are horizontal, level, then turn the turner off. If you want to take the turner out completely, you can, I would put cabinet/cupboard shelving material down over the either wire or plastic screen.

Do you have calibrated thermometer(s) and a 'salt test' calibrated hygrometer in the bator? Don't ever relie on the instruments sensors, they are notoriously inaccurate.
Be sure you have their brooder setup and the temperature adjusted, then wait for them to hatch.

You will want to turn the turner off, increase the humidity to 55 to 60%. They can either be left in the turner or taken out....if it's a vertical turner, I just wait until the egg rails are horizontal, level, then turn the turner off. If you want to take the turner out completely, you can, I would put cabinet/cupboard shelving material down over the either wire or plastic screen.

Do you have calibrated thermometer(s) and a 'salt test' calibrated hygrometer in the bator? Don't ever relie on the instruments sensors, they are notoriously inaccurate.
Be sure you have their brooder setup and the temperature adjusted, then wait for them to hatch.
I have all the sensors and all that and it's a lying down turner. I took out the partitions from the cabinet and moved it over till the turner can't turn it. I put paper towels down on the floor and put the eggs on that and raised the humidity. I think the egg just started hatching too soon. That baby didn't make it :( But this morning there were 3 lil ones hatched. Here is a pic of the 3 little ones:

Attachments

• guineas.jpg
    guineas.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I have all the sensors and all that and it's a lying down turner. I took out the partitions from the cabinet and moved it over till the turner can't turn it. I put paper towels down on the floor and put the eggs on that and raised the humidity. I think the egg just started hatching too soon. That baby didn't make it :( But this morning there were 3 lil ones hatched. Here is a pic of the 3 little ones:
And thank you so much for all your responses! :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom