Hi from Newark on Trent uk

chicknrt

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 10, 2011
Hi, i feel a bit of a fraud as i haven't actually got my chickens yet! i am awaiting delivery of a coop big enough for 4 chickens which i think will be plenty for me, my hubby was going to make a coop but his free time is short so we went the ebay root. i cant wait for delivery! so now any tips on where/how/etc what to do next will be gratefully received. thinking of agricultural retailer for feeders and corn etc, realise i cant use just anything to clean coop so what recommendations? are any variety of chicken easier for beginners. have huge garden so will be moving my coop around, mainly in an orchard, any problems that anyone can see to warn me of? will it be easy for me to see the difference between hens and roosters when i go to buy my 4 precious bundles? (we do have neighbours so not considering a cockerel!). its just me and the hubby as the children are grown gone with children of their own! have small friendly dog who i think will enjoy the company of the chickens once properly introduced! look forward to hearing from all you experienced chicken keepers!
smile.png

Hi and Welcome.

It's a pity you missed the Poultry Show at Melton Mowbray today. Just have a look online and try to buy from a reputable breeder
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Pete
wink.png

Hi Pete
sad.png
i didnt know about it! Thanks for the reply, i certainly want to buy some from someone who is reputable. i am hoping to hear of someone local that i can go to.
smile.png

thanks Dawg53! You have so many varieties there i wonder if you could recommend a variety for a total beginner? I am so excited by it all i will be dreaming chicks until that coop is up and running!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom