Hi from NH

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BlacksheepCardigans, Oct 23, 2010.

1. BlacksheepCardigans

BlacksheepCardigans Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    Southeast NH
    I've been lurking for a while and already posted in a couple of the dog threads, so I figured I should come over and say hello.

We're in Plaistow, NH, on a few acres and are just beginning to add chickens to the picture. I grew up with them (I actually lived across the road from Tony DiPaolo in Beverly, MA - he's a major breeder of exotics and anything feathered) and am finally to the point that I can make a serious effort with them with my own kids.

We have a few filler chicks and a bunch of guineas growing up in our bathroom while we convert our run-in shed to a coop; after we've got the kinks worked out we plan to get some purebreds.

I breed and show Cardigan Welsh Corgis, and used to do the same with Great Danes. The guineas are specifically for the dogs - Lyme Disease prevention! The dogs are the end of a long progression; I showed rabbits and then goats and sheep and horses and finally got to the point that a couple thousand dollars didn't seem like a lot for a show prospect [​IMG]. Our Cardis are shown in AKC and dabble in herding as well.

Nice to meet everyone.

Joanna Kimball
    blacksheepcardigans.com

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. Kevin Freeheart

Kevin Freeheart New Egg

Oct 21, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Welcome from NH!

3. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010