Hi From NJ!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChickenManScott, Aug 15, 2016.

1. ChickenManScott

ChickenManScott New Egg

Aug 15, 2016
    I should fess up and let you all know I have been reading this website for a long time. I received my 1 day old Buckeye chicks back on February 8th 2016. It was an ADVENTURE - especially since I had the "brilliant" idea to keep them in my "computer room" in the house in a kiddie pool for the first 8 weeks. It actually worked really well until they were about 6 weeks old. I didn't get them out of the house and into their coop until they were 8 weeks. It was COLD and I was worried about them. I hung a red heating lamp in the coop though and they did great. Now, I have news and a question that I am going to post in the appropriate forum.

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE GREAT INFORMATION ON HERE!

I used this site right from the get-go when deciding which type of chicken to get (I didn't even KNOW there were different types of chickens when I started! LOL!)

Sincerely,
    Scott

PS - my folks mocked me incessantly when I told them I was going to get chickens and they started calling me "Chicken Man" so I figured I would embrace it! :)

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Scott the Chickenman, and [​IMG]. Pleased you joined our flock! Best of luck to you and your Buckeyes!

3. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC Scott :)

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Scott and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us and congrats on your first flock. Its great to hear that BYC has helped you out and I'm sure it will continue to do so.

You probably know this already, but you'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=learning+centre and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Scott, the easiest way to channel the Learning Center is just to click on the brown rectangle at the top of this page. Glad you joined the flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by