Hi, from Northern California!

JuJuBee27

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2016
Northern California
Hello! Just officially joined BYC, although I've been reading through the forum for a few years now. :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We first got chickens 3.5 years ago! We started with four pullets:
2 barred rocks, one gold laced Wyandotte and an Ameraucana named Ester. Then we added three the next year: Dorothy, the Silver Dorking, and Keeko and Cocoa, our giant Cochins. We raised them from day old chicks. We just got 8 chicks in May, and more than doubled our flock! Oops!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
7 hens and 8 8 week old chicks. Hoping they are mostly hens!

(3) What breeds do you have?
Lots! The chicks are: Splash Marans, Blue Marans, Lavender Orpington, Jubilee Orpington, Silkie, Cream Legbar, Blue Swedish Flower and an Easter Egger named Fox.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Been coming here for years to read the forum. I hadn't realized I never signed up! Doh!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Art, gardening and family time. :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have a LGD 1/2 Pyr 1/2 Aussie Shep named Moose, another old girl named Riley and a cat named Moe. We keep pretty busy with our two young kiddos.

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

All the best
Ct

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
Sounds like a nice flock! Thanks for joining us!

Oh cool, I'm in Albany! One of my sisters lives in Petaluma. She is unfortunately in a place that doesn't allow chickens, but she has been enjoying mine, and even picked them up for me.

Back
Top Bottom