Hi from Northwest Florida

PeepPeep74

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2018
Hi, everyone! My name is Kristen and I’m fairly new to raising chickens. I bought 18 chicks back in August and have quite successfully raised them to laying age. I lost 2 babies in the beginning from the heat, but quickly found that placing a fan close to their hutch kept the air circulating quite nicely for them. I have 3 Asian Blues, 4 ISA Browns, 1 Black Rock, and 8 Cornish Rocks. 4 of my rocks are roosters, but seem to tolerate each other well. I haven’t had any nasty fights. So far, everything has been going well and we have been enjoying the eggs that my girls are finally providing. The only unpleasant issue is our coop situation. But we are working on getting a better set up so they are cleaner and more comfortable. I look forward to learning more about my babies and sharing my experiences! ❤️

G’Day from down under Kristen :frow Welcome!

Chick Sympathy.jpg

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom