Hi from Ohio

Koiandchicks

Chirping
Mar 15, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We're pretty much brand - spanking new. We did keep chickens on someone else's property. But this is the first time we have them all by ourselves.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We've got 10 little chicks

(3) What breeds do you have?
Leghorn, light brahma, Easter eggers, speckled Sussex, black Australorp, smokey pearls, and golden comet.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I don't know yet but I just love them so much. I didn't know I was going to fall so hard.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, crafting, diy- ing, thrifting, and my husband is into Koi so I help with that too. Homeschooling our kids.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We also have a fluffy pekapom dog, amano shrimp and various fish. And 10 Syrian hamsters ( I have nothing to do with the hamsters - that's between grandma and the kids)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I've seen y'all around, but I decided to join cause I'm really gonna need to learn from you. We have no local chicken vet, so everything is diy here. I really want to be successful and give all the little lives depending on me the best life.
:D

Last edited:
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We're pretty much brand - spanking new. We did keep chickens on someone else's property. But this is the first time we have them all by ourselves.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We've got 10 little chicks

(3) What breeds do you have?
Leghorn, light brahma, Easter eggers, speckled Sussex, black onyx, smokey pearls, and golden comet.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I don't know yet but I just love them so much. I didn't know I was going to fall so hard.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, crafting, diy- ing, thrifting, and my husband is into Koi so I help with that too. Homeschooling our kids.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We also have a fluffy pekapom dog, amano shrimp and various fish. And 10 Syrian hamsters ( I have nothing to do with the hamsters - that's between grandma and the kids)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I've seen y'all around, but I decided to join cause I'm really gonna need to learn from you. We have no local chicken vet, so everything is diy here. I really want to be successful and give all the little lives depending on me the best life.
:D
Welcome to BYC!!

Welcome to BYC! I'd love to see a picture of your dog. Pekapom sounds interesting.
This is our furious little alarm system. We love all things fluffy.

Attachments

• IMG_20230321_075206234.jpg
    IMG_20230321_075206234.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom