Hi from Oregon

amberanbur

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 24, 2012
I have to be honest, I am not a fan of birds. In fact, I have a sort-of phobia of birds, so when my husband brought home 4 Rhode Island Reds and 2 Ameraucana chicks I was less than thrilled. My husband and our 7 year old daughter have been feeding, cleaning and watering the feathered creatures for the past 8 weeks. I first got on BYC to check out coops and I easily spent 2 hours just checking out the pictures of beautiful chicken coops. I revisited the site to find answers to questions that came up during the first month of our new "egg"venture. I realize there is a large community of folk that love this hobby and I must say I am starting to enjoy the little chirps and peeps and squawks. I have learned a lot from the forums and I am feeling more comfortable each day. Thank you for this fun, and informative site! Amber

Amber,
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad that you're working on your phobia of birds!!! When I was first around adult chickens, they scared me as well, but now that I've raised many birds from babies, I cannot imagine not having them! They are so fun to watch! I have learned SO much from BYC since any question that I've had, there has always been multiple people before me who have asked the same thing. Good luck with your chickens. One of the coolest things ever is when you get your first egg
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom