1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from Poway CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by powaychick, Sep 7, 2013.

1. powaychick

powaychick New Egg

Sep 7, 2013
    Hi everyone! My husband and I attended a sustainable living course on raising chickens and became hooked on the idea of raising our own food. We think we have 2 Rhode Island reds, an americuana, a welsumer, and a rooster of undetermined origin. We got them all at the local feed store so who knows what they are really. Doesn't matter to us, we are just so happy to have them in our lives. Our rooster, Finnegin, at 5 months is well behaved so far. The only time I have seen him look at me mischievously is when I went into the coop in flip flops and he noticed my red toe nail polish. Not doing that again. This week we got our first two eggs! So exciting! One had a double yolk, it was delicious! I am learning so much everyday in this website. Just happy to be part of this crowd :)

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! Happy you joined us!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] chickens go after the color red and shiny things, watch out for rings, and earrings to disappear - ouch!

4. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by