Hi, from Puerto Rico:)

theuglyduckling

Crowing
7 Years
Nov 28, 2012
puerto rico
Hello I'm a new member here, but not exactly new to the site. I bumped into the site a few months ago and have been visiting it more and more often. I have five hens and three roosters. I'm pretty sure they are Black Breasted Red Kraienkoppes because the roosters (except for one) and the hens look exactly like them. I can not say that I am positive because I didn't buy them they just appeared one day and decided they wanted to stay.

Here in Puerto Rico it is pretty common for stray or wild chickens to walk around and see them. The chickens that I call mine live in the tree next to a stream I have by my house at night and then in the mornings free range around the yard. Two of the hens have recently disappeared, but I think they have eggs somewhere around the yard hiding because this happened to one of the hens before so hopefully more chickens:).

I recently have started to build a coop for them and I do hope to add more chickens to the flock as these chickens don't lay very well. We sometimes find an egg or two every once in a blue moon. I would love to add some geese, ducks and, a turkey too. Anyone have any suggestions on breeds of chickens that lay well, but are also pretty to look at?

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png

Hi "Going Bonkers" well I don't know spanish very well because i just moved here last October to live with my fiance. But hey I'm still trying to learn:).

"1muttsfan" I so wish I was there right now. I'm originally from NY was born there. Then moved to Arizona when I was 7 and hated it.
I miss the snow and in Puerto Rico it is nice there is a ton of rain here, but I still miss the snow more.

"Redsoxs" easter eggers are one of the breeds I'd love to have. But I think my favorite breed is the Belgian Bearded d'Uccle,but I would only get that just as a pet because I have read that they aren't good layers.

Has anyone been to any Hatcheries in Puerto Rico or heard of any that are good? I have searched the web and have found like three or four but they don't have any info on them. The site just gives you there phone numbers and address.

Back
Top Bottom