Hi from Reading (UK)

MandS

Songster
8 Years
Apr 14, 2016
Berkshire, UK
Hi everyone. We have had our chickens since last Easter when my daughter hatched them at school as part of a science project. We adopted three fluffy yellow/brown chicks which grew into lovely brown hens named Maverick, Honey and Flick. They were free range (no grass left). Unfortunately they can no longer have the run of the garden. Mav was eaten by a fox (11.30 am) so rather than have them in a small house we built a much bigger one with integral run. However they looked so lost in their palace that we increased our 'flock' by 3 three weeks ago. After a few fights, harmony has returned. The brown hens are having time off laying and the newbies aren't quite old enough yet so no eggs. Been on the site quite a few times and finally took the plunge and signed in. So here I am ready to talk chicken!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sorry you lost one to a predator. I have too. These predators can be just awful!

Hens can take a break from laying after predators or being moved around a bit. Hang in there, you should have lots of eggs soon.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to BYC!

Hi :welcome from Yorkshire UK

Glad you could join us here! Sorry to hear you lost Mav :hugs Foxes sure are bold and coming out in the day can often be a must for them especially if they are feeding Cubs. I've found they seem to be bolder than ever right now, I often here them near to us. I'm pleased to hear your new ones are settling and you have some harmony again. Please do pop by the UK thread to say "Hi", the link is in my signature.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. We talk chicken all day (and some members, all night) so make yourself at home with us here.

All the best
CT

Welcome to BYC. Please check out the predator threads for advice on how to keep the fox, away from your door. So sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom