Hi from Rhode Island!

NightbirdRI

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2022
Thanks for having us, BYC! Our little family bought 5 acres last fall, and the first order of business was building a coop and starting our flock. I’ve worked on farms since I was a kid, but this is the first time having chickens of my own. Currently our flock is made up of 6 Speckled Sussex (all hens) and 6 Silver-Laced Wyandottes (supposed to be all hens, but ended up with one rooster). We have some Golden-Laced Wyandotte and Blue-Laced Red Wyandotte chicks coming in the spring, and the plan is to get some Dominiques, Bielfelders, and Araucanas in the future, once we get another coop built. I ended up joining BYC because every time I Googled a chicken question, it led me to the BYC forum for answers. With so many knowledgeable folks here, it made a lot of sense to sign up!

61n52p.gif

Thanks for having us, BYC! Our little family bought 5 acres last fall, and the first order of business was building a coop and starting our flock. I’ve worked on farms since I was a kid, but this is the first time having chickens of my own. Currently our flock is made up of 6 Speckled Sussex (all hens) and 6 Silver-Laced Wyandottes (supposed to be all hens, but ended up with one rooster). We have some Golden-Laced Wyandotte and Blue-Laced Red Wyandotte chicks coming in the spring, and the plan is to get some Dominiques, Bielfelders, and Araucanas in the future, once we get another coop built. I ended up joining BYC because every time I Googled a chicken question, it led me to the BYC forum for answers. With so many knowledgeable folks here, it made a lot of sense to sign up!
What a lovely mix of chickens and a rooster for protection and maybe baby chicks to come :jumpy :)

This place was a blessing too me plus even more so for my girls. I've learned and still learning here.

Make yourself at home and a big :welcome

Back
Top Bottom