Hi from San Diego

tuder96

Hatching
10 Years
Oct 4, 2009
Greetings from sunny So Cali. My wife is actually the chicken person, but it seems im their dad so to speak. We purchased 9 chicks from the feed store and had thought we had all hens HAAA. We bough 3 polish (2 turned out to be roos) I liked the polish they look very interesting. She knows what the others are I couldn't tell you what they are to save me. I will post pics of them. they have a coop thats 16feet long 8 feet wide and 8 foot high fenced on sides with a solid roof under a nice shade tree. thy get let out into the yard everyday the property is large with fences arond and neighbors are a good distance away. They have done a wonderful job of cleaning up weeds and bugs.
So we have 4 roos and 6 hens all maybe 5 months old so far no issues

welcome-byc.gif

I really miss San Diego when winter starts creeping in here. I lived there for 10 years before moving out here two years ago.
ya.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from 'this was not much of a summer and currently it's raining and the wind is blowing....darn' Wisconsin. I am sure you will soon know more about chickens than you ever thought possible....
lau.gif
They are so much fun. Sounds like you have a great set up for them. Hope you can/want to keep the roos?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom