Hi from SC!

Ellen Landreth

Hatching
May 21, 2017
South Carolina
Hi, everyone! I'm Ellen, and I'm at stay at home momma to a fun 15 month old. I'm also 34 weeks pregnant with another girl, so we'll be welcoming a new baby around the end of June! My husband and I (and the baby, of course) live in my grandparents' house that we completely renovated last year. It's been so fun raising our daughter in the house my mom grew up in!

My grandpa was a big gardener and has a great green house that I'm going to convert into a chicken coop. It's probably about 8x10ft (with ample space around it for a run), so I figure it'll be a good size coop! My plan is to work over the next year to get it converted and ready for chickens by next spring.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as I go along! I'm excited to learn from this community as I delve more into this project! :)

Hi, everyone! I'm Ellen, and I'm at stay at home momma to a fun 15 month old. I'm also 34 weeks pregnant with another girl, so we'll be welcoming a new baby around the end of June! My husband and I (and the baby, of course) live in my grandparents' house that we completely renovated last year. It's been so fun raising our daughter in the house my mom grew up in!

My grandpa was a big gardener and has a great green house that I'm going to convert into a chicken coop. It's probably about 8x10ft (with ample space around it for a run), so I figure it'll be a good size coop! My plan is to work over the next year to get it converted and ready for chickens by next spring.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as I go along! I'm excited to learn from this community as I delve more into this project! :)
Welcome to BYC!

Lucky you to be living in your Granny's old house.
I think that is awesome!

I'm from SC too!

Hi there! You can call me CC! I decided not to put my real name out there. Welcome to BYC! I hope you enjoy it; I know I do. I am a homeschooler, working on having a homestead, and I own a farming blog with my sister.

www.bootsandchickenpoop.wix.com/mysite

I love the song "Fearless" (I forgot who it's from! :lol:), I love the country and Tennessee. I have a bunny, 12 chickens, 2 ducks, 4 cats, 2 dogs and one Fancy Goldfish. (I don't think I'm forgetting anyone! :lau)

P.S
My phone has been going a little wacky, so it might look weird! :p

Hi Ellen and welcome to BYC.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/learning-center.11/ and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

CT

Nice to meet you Ellen. Hope you will enjoy BYC as much as we do.
A few Bycers, let their chickens winter in their greenhouses (with amendments) since they won't grow anything until spring.

Back
Top Bottom