Hi from southern california

chickenmama44

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
Hi everyone, I am so happy to be a member of this forum. I live in a rural community near the high desert. I have 3 dogs (one a puppy in training) a cat, some tortoises and as of today I have 19 chickens.

18 of them are hens (RI Reds, Black Australorps, Black Stars and Buff Orpingtons) and one awesome Americauna rooster Gizzy. I chose today to join because I knew I would be among others who understand and appreciate keeping of chickens as pets and what wonderful pets they make. I have had a difficult time with our HOA over the last year and have had to spend alot of money to defend my right to keep chickens. I definitely need positive "chicken" people to talk to. So I am very glad to be here and to learn and read more about others experiences with their chickens.

Welcome from Northern California.
frow.gif

Welcome! Sorry you had such a battle to keep your chickens, and yes, we understand.
smile.png

There are a couple sister sites as well, scroll all the way down on this page and you will find the easy gardener and self sufficient self and herds. Have fun!

welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
from the Big Valley!

There's a thread on here for the High Desert, so you can even find people close to you.

Yeah California!

Back
Top Bottom