Hi from stormy W Michigan!

100AcreFarm

Chirping
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Hi! I've been lurking here for several months and I keep having questions but couldn't ask, so here I finally am! IRL I'm a pretty chatty and excited sort of person, thus my over-use of exclamation points in my online communication!!!

I'm a first time chicken-herder and so far its been a lot of fun! They're so cute and funny! I have 6 seven week old girls so far. 3 very shy and skittish Americaunas and 3 curious and friendly Black Australorps. Just starting out on the small side here! My coop and run are works in progress and not terribly attractive (alright, stinkin' ugly really!) since all I have to work with at the moment is an old shed on our property. I have high hopes for some nice, neat looking outbuildings in the future.

Online I usually go by Lindy. I have 4 sons aged 16 (high school junior), 18 (college freshman this fall/Physical Therapy), 20 (college sophmore/Musical Theater) and 22 (married for almost 1 yr, supervisor over about 10 special needs adult employees). This fall begins our 14th year of homeschooling. My husband is one of those computer/all-things-technical sort of geeks.

I've learned so much here so far and looking forward to learning more!

Welcome from MD!
frow.gif
We love exclamation points here!!!!!!!

Welcome 100acrefarm! I am from Kalamazoo County! Where are you located? That was some storm last night too! We are having a Michigan Chickenstock in Lansing on saturday August 1st. It is gonna be a blast! My best friend Freebie lives in Van Burean co. Bloomingdale.

Quote:
Hi! Hotwings! (Love the name btw!
big_smile.png
) I'm a little north of you in Allegan County. No kidding about that storm! We lost power Thurs night/Friday morning but managed to keep the lights on last night! But then, most of it passed about 10 miles to the north of us. My 20 yr old works at Holland State Park and had some wild stories to tell!

Where can I find info about the event in Lansing? It sounds interesting!

Hi to everyone else who greeted me too
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom