Hi from sunny South Africa :)

Belinds

Hatching
Mar 20, 2015
Hi there, I started with 3 beautiful "organically raised" young Koek-Koek hens and a rooster. They were originally just for fun and some eggs. Have become spoiled enjoying our fresh eggs and watching the games of happy chickens. Found your site and have become a hooked "stalker"! Recently my one girl went AWOL and we found her hidden away, on 17 eggs... 21 days later she had 100% success rate - I had no idea it was possible!!
So now I've decided no longer to "stalk" BYC and rather join up as I'm sure I may need some advice soon! I still have my original girl, she must be about 7 years now! At the moment I have 11 hens and 4 roosters. They free range on an acre yard during the day and I have 3 different coops for night time accommodation :). It's great to read your amazing information and see the products available for chickens. Thank you for "taking me in"!

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

Wow, 17 eggs is a lot for a hen to incubate successfully! She must be an outstanding mother.

Good luck with your flock! Feel free to ask any questions you may have- we're all here to help in any way we can.
smile.png

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congrats to you and mother hen on the 100% hatch :celebrate Many of us were lurkers before joining, I did two years of it and so wish now I had done it sooner.
Wishing you the very best of luck in the future with your flock. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Congratulations on your incredibly successful hatch. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom