Hi from Texas

I started with 6 pullets and 6 straight runs. I now have 11, since my chihuahua thought one was for lunch....I cried all day! The problem I am having is my pullets turned into 5 roosters and one female. I need help in finding homes for 4 of my roosters. I am noticing that the roosters are pecking at each other.

I started with 6 pullets and 6 straight runs. I now have 11, since my chihuahua thought one was for lunch....I cried all day! The problem I am having is my pullets turned into 5 roosters and one female. I need help in finding homes for 4 of my roosters. I am noticing that the roosters are pecking at each other.
I ordered 7 pullets and two ended up being cockerels, so I know how you feel, it happens to many people. We'll probably have to cull our cockerels.

Once I find homes for my roosters, I would like to know how I can order chickens to add to my flock that are at least 10 weeks old. I raised my previous chicks and loved it, but want to try an older addition.
If you want older chickens try finding someone near you who is needing to rehome or sell their chickens. Also some hatcheries sell 6 week olds who are guaranteed to be pullets, it does get pricey though. MyPetChicken is one of them.

:welcome

Hi Vickie, thanks for joining us! In addition to the good suggestions @SilverBirds made, check out the BYC Buy-Sell-Trade forum...maybe you can find new homes for the boys.

Have you checked into any online hatcheries? I think Ideal is in Texas and has a good reputation (there could well be others that I'm not aware of).

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom