Hi from the desert...

bunsnpupsnchick

Chirping
Jul 2, 2016
San Tan Valley, AZ
I'm Chelle and I'm the crazy chick on the block with the weed garden in front cause I'd rather watch/play with my buns, pups, & chicks. Yeah, I've a critter problem. lol Working on pics.

My 'zoo':

2 "holland" lop bunnies: Maggie Mae & Glimmer. The breeder said pure, but look mixed...either way, they're mine.

3 pups: 8yrs(this month) chihuahua, Indy Cow...not being mean, he has cow spots, including the mickey mouse head one! 6yrs(oct bday) great dane, Jasper who's my Service Dog...least until he fully retires, almost there. 5yrs old chiweenie, Piglet...again, not mean she just had those big baby pig looking ears & she answered to it right off.

Chickens: the original bunch all a year-ish Toodles Lou red sexlink girl, Fancy Pants mille-fleur d'uccle roo (possibly crossed not sure), Hops mille-fleur d'uccle x cochin bantam, & Marshmallow sultan bantam. Poor Toodles is Fancy's favorite.....which lead me to getting the 2 month olds, 14 of them!!!! Going to have to rehome a few I think as I'm pretty certain I've 3 maybe 4 boys. In this bunch are
3 americaunas (Millie, Minnie, Frankie),
1 golden sexlink (Goldie),
1 production red (I think) (Red),
3 oeg bantams (roos, gold-laced--Copper Penny, silver laced--Silver Nickel, & bbr I think...the definite boy-Freddie),
1 crevecoeur (Sapphire),
2 Polish (white crested blue-Mo & silver laced-Pearl),
1 sultan bantam poss lf, small still (Mousey Fluff),
1 white cochin bantam (Ducky)..feathers say girl I think, but does some sparring...,
1 blue (dark, black, but can see the blue) d'uccle (Penguin)...possibly a roo, but hoping not.
fl.gif

I know at the 2months stage the vocalizations can be misleading & they all do the fluff-chest bump etc routines. The oeg's I can see the tail & a clear crow for Freddie. Of course, he's super sweet, tiny...no issues thus far of major concern so I've time to wait it out.

I also have 13 bantam feather legged & 11 cresteds that arrived Friday. :) I know...
hide.gif
....they're a variety. Plan is to keep a few then sell the rest. Still trying out for breed/color so went for it. So far I have some buff laced polish, white crested blue/black, a crevecoeur, and 1 mystery polish that has some reddish/brown to it, I'm thinking primarily cochin...a partridge, gold-laced, maybe a silver-laced, blue/self blue, black, and gold neck or mille fleur d'uccle. A few could be either cochin/d'uccle as I know both bearded/non-bearded are possible. So, it's fun in any event. I'll probably be posting on the breed/gender forum looking for help.

Thanks for bearing with the ramble...I do that..sorry. Thanks in advance for future help! Hoping to learn lots more!!!

Thanks....yeah, they're fun. I'll definitely be doing that. I do like the guessing game, but I spend way too much time searching for pics, standards, etc. that I get nothing else done! Not that baby chick pics or big chick pics are a bad thing...

I think I oopsed on my blue/black...Penguin is a cochin....body type/feathers too wide & the 'hock' feather's are curling around the leg versus sticking straight out. Unless the leg feather alters or Penguin slims...cochin. lol just got a good look at Penguin & Ducky side by side next to my adult roo.....that finally knocked it into my head. I was soooo hoping for another d'uccle that I think I was blinded. Oh well...still a sweet lil thing. Maybe in the new batch.

Hi Chelle and welcome to BYC. You seem to quite a menagerie there - sure must keep you busy! I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

Best wishes
Ct

Hi & thank you all. :) Yep, there are some busy moments...breakfast/dinner/poop patrol/snack time/bedtime lol The 2month olds keep coming to the backdoor wanting in...so every night it's taking them & placing them on roosts. Couple are starting to catch on. Progress!

Back
Top Bottom