Hi from the Monadnock region of NH!

NHpugsnchicks

Hatching
9 Years
May 31, 2010
I am a SAHM to a 2 year old and 4 yo. I have always wanted a farm, and chickens, of course! We have lived on our 3+ acres for 7 years now, and while I could talk hubby into letting me get into dog breeding (pugs) he has always resisted chickens. At least, until lately, when we began buying fresh eggs from a friend of a friend. After he spoke to someone he knows he reassured him chickens are not the horrendous project he suspected them to be, once the coop is built and flock settled in, he agreed to a small flock....so as of Sat. we have 5 chicks- an EE, a Buff brahma, a Cuckoo Maran, and 2 black sex links. I am very excited, as are the kids! So now our little farm is- 5 pugs, a german shepherd, a bull mastiff mix, 2 cats (kittens on the way) and our little peepers, as I call them! I think it's funny hubby didn't want to listen to me about the joys of chickens, he had to hear it from someone else, but I'm happy he came around! I found sat. I LOVE 'chicken swaps', I will be at the one in Townsend, MA next month, maybe I'll meet some of you there! Glad to have found this board, hope to both find help and be able to contribute as time goes on.

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you found this site, its fun here!
And congratulations on getting some chickens! I find mine easy to care for!

Back
Top Bottom