Hi from Tuscola, Tx

Kikallez

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 28, 2011
Hello, I have been enjoying the BYC site for some time now but decided to join the forum now that I can FINALLY get two chickens! My dream has been to have two hens...maybe three, for a long time but hubby and I have been renting in the city and we just bought a home on an acre in the country...so I can FINALLY get my hens!!!! Woohoo!!!

Ok, so maybe I am a bit over excited:D. But hey, I am positive someone here will understand how I feel.

I have researched and researched and about decided the barred Plymouth Rock or Golden Comets will be our girls.

I just want to say BYC is a fantastic site. Ben (hubby of 27 1/2 yrs) and I have spent many a night perusing the coop page. There are some fantastic ideas there and BYC members are a crafty group. It has inspired us to build our own coop rather than buy prefab.

We have been in our new home a week and need to build a good fence, the coop will go up next couple of months but tonight we walked around and planned where it and the run will go. What fun!

About me: I am a reg. nurse, I work in wound care (walk in wound clinic during week and some weekends inpatient wounds-if you've been shot, stabbed, burned , ejected in roll over, or have chronic wounds I am your go to girl). Hubby is in wind generating, has been since it was research. We are the very proud parents of US Marine (5yrs in) headed to A-Stan, US Marine daugher-in-law, and due March 25th our grandson, Wild Bill - Marine baby is due....praying our son gets to hold his baby before he deploys sometime in spring.

We have two mini Australian cattle dogs, blue heeler is Luna and red heeler is Scooter. Our 16 year old cat is Tigger.

I ride my own motorcycle. Right now BMW F650 GS. Been riding since I was 8 yrs old. This is bike #9. I would love a horse but hubby not so much.

Thanks for such a fantastic site!

Kris

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC. I completely understand the excited part. I have been researching trying to decide what breeds I want to add in the Spring... I cannot wait...

Back
Top Bottom