1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from Utah - Happy be be part of the BYC community

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sugarhousehens, Apr 10, 2011.

1. sugarhousehens

sugarhousehens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2011
    Two new chick owners, first-timers, nothing new or special about us...but definitely something very special about these 6 chicks. We selected the following: (2) Barred Plymoth Rocks, (2) Red Sex links, (1) Americana, and (1) Buff Opington...all to be named shortly.

I am a photographer and very anxious to take headshots of each of our chicks but am hesitant to pull them from the brooder [​IMG]. I'll look in the forums for advice on that. In fact, my tripod is holding the warming lamp above the brooder. Works excellent as we have been able to angle and lower/raise to adjust the temp.

A little worried about one of the Barred Rocks, very lethargic unless the other chicks step on her and then she is quick to get out of the way and then lays back down. Currently looking on forums for advice there too.

Very happy to have this website. Thank you to the administrators and all the peeps that are so willing to share and help. Very excited to be among all of you.

2. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    [​IMG] from South Africa!
    I can't wait to see some head-shots, chooks can sure be beautiful once captured on camera. [​IMG]

3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] from PA!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. purplequeenvt

purplequeenvt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Charlotte, VT
    Welcome!

6. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

7. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. I am using my DH's adjustable light for my lamp. I hope nothing in the garage needs fixed anytime soon. [​IMG]

10. chickenman98

chickenman98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Eastern Oklahoma
    [​IMG] from Oklahoma

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by