Hi from Washington!

quack_and_cluck

Chirping
Jul 20, 2023
SW WA
Hi all! I just thought I'd introduce myself here and meet some people!
I'm Dayna, and I've had chickens for seven years, but other members of my family take care of them more often. I mostly chicken sit! I've had ducks for four years, but two of those years were a hiatus after a series of traumatizing killings in the flock! But I'm back to ducks with a heavily fortified garden. I have four ducks -- Marlo (Cayuga, all black), Charlie (Rouen, brown, looks like a mallard), Buffy (Tan/white, Buff orpington), and Daphne (Black with a white chest, Swedish black duck). Marlo is super friendly, and is the designated "friendly biter". Charlie is basically Marlo but less bite-y. Buffy is skittish but for sure the smartest! Daphne is the most skittish of the bunch but is a sweetie once she starts cuddling you. Previously, I've had indian runners of all different kinds. My first duck was Clever, thus the username! My ducks all very much enjoy being sprayed with the hose (unlike the runners! they hated it!)
Outside of duck raising, I also have a donkey, a horse, a dog, and a cat. I play the flute for my local symphony and love writing and biology!
ALSO: I tried to figure out how to make a signature and looked on the site to figure out how but none of the things I'm supposed to press are showing up! helpppp
Can't wait to meet you guys and join this awesome community :)

- Dayna

IMG_1261.JPG

Hi all! I just thought I'd introduce myself here and meet some people!
I'm Dayna, and I've had chickens for seven years, but other members of my family take care of them more often. I mostly chicken sit! I've had ducks for four years, but two of those years were a hiatus after a series of traumatizing killings in the flock! But I'm back to ducks with a heavily fortified garden. I have four ducks -- Marlo (Cayuga, all black), Charlie (Rouen, brown, looks like a mallard), Buffy (Tan/white, Buff orpington), and Daphne (Black with a white chest, Swedish black duck). Marlo is super friendly, and is the designated "friendly biter". Charlie is basically Marlo but less bite-y. Buffy is skittish but for sure the smartest! Daphne is the most skittish of the bunch but is a sweetie once she starts cuddling you. Previously, I've had indian runners of all different kinds. My first duck was Clever, thus the username! My ducks all very much enjoy being sprayed with the hose (unlike the runners! they hated it!)
Outside of duck raising, I also have a donkey, a horse, a dog, and a cat. I play the flute for my local symphony and love writing and biology!
ALSO: I tried to figure out how to make a signature and looked on the site to figure out how but none of the things I'm supposed to press are showing up! helpppp
Can't wait to meet you guys and join this awesome community :)

- Dayna

View attachment 3585632
That's a great photo!

Oh, and welcome!

Back
Top Bottom