Hi from Wisconsin!

Vennessa0217

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2019
I have been looking around for a couple of weeks at different threads on byc, I absolutely love the community you have and am very happy to be a part of it.
I am fairly new to the bird world. My husbands lived on a farm his whole life, We did in the early years of our marriage, but never had birds. Last December, his Dad was diagnosed with a terminal illness. He asked us to move to the family farm and take it over. It is not a dairy farm, but rather more of a hobby farm with A LOT of animals.
We are in the very long process of moving and taking over the responsibility of all the animals that his dad can no longer take care of. Soooo.......enter in MANY different types of birds. His dad loves birds of all sorts....I am now the main care taker of them. Dad still goes out and checks everything over and opens all the runs in the morning, but we are responsible for all the main cares. So, I am extremely new to some of the types of birds he has and fairly new to others. I have been checking out many of your threads to help me figure out many of my questions.
I want to thank you for being my reference guides!! Please forgive me if some of my questions are no brainers, I am muddling through. I am finding that I ADORE the birds. Its a tough situation that is very trying at best, but they seem to make my days much better!

I have been looking around for a couple of weeks at different threads on byc, I absolutely love the community you have and am very happy to be a part of it.
I am fairly new to the bird world. My husbands lived on a farm his whole life, We did in the early years of our marriage, but never had birds. Last December, his Dad was diagnosed with a terminal illness. He asked us to move to the family farm and take it over. It is not a dairy farm, but rather more of a hobby farm with A LOT of animals.
We are in the very long process of moving and taking over the responsibility of all the animals that his dad can no longer take care of. Soooo.......enter in MANY different types of birds. His dad loves birds of all sorts....I am now the main care taker of them. Dad still goes out and checks everything over and opens all the runs in the morning, but we are responsible for all the main cares. So, I am extremely new to some of the types of birds he has and fairly new to others. I have been checking out many of your threads to help me figure out many of my questions.
I want to thank you for being my reference guides!! Please forgive me if some of my questions are no brainers, I am muddling through. I am finding that I ADORE the birds. Its a tough situation that is very trying at best, but they seem to make my days much better!
Welcome. It's a good drama free forum, with good friendly people, and plenty of good advice.

12m.gif

sSig_welcome3.gif
wave high happy.gif
cinema-transp.gif

Back
Top Bottom