Hi from WNY - Shhhh don't tell my husband :)

lklik

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 5, 2013
Hello from Avon, NY (20 min south of Rochester NY)!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
  • We used to hatch some for my mom's bio class but always gave them away when they were fully feathered. So I'm technically new. Finally won a 6 year battle with the husband to get chicks after he he realized going through 2 dozen eggs a week of the store bought junk wasn't the healthiest option. That and I had to promise to some rules like, don't expect him to help, no roosters, and they aren't allowed to roam around and crap on everything.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
  • (6) little pullets!

(3) What breeds do you have?
  • Sex Links thanks to Tractor Supply. Darn things kept peeping at me as I shopped for other stuff.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
  • When the husband had a lapse in judgement and said yes instead of no I went into research mode. All the great info was on here!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
  • Well I have a small farm we raise alpacas for fiber and meat and breed Moriesian (Morgan/Friesian) Sport Horses. My hobbies revolve around the farm so I spin, knit, crochet, weave as well as being a master of fence fixing.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
  • It's just me and my husband along with 2 dogs in the house. We're both "Geek Farmers" (Geek by day, farm by night), we've got 5 horses, lost count on the alpacas and barn cats but happy to be adding the chickens!!!

Oh yeah, I just finished building our Dutch Hollow Hoop Coop! I can't wait for the chicks to be old enough to enjoy their new mobile home. For now they are chillin' out in the brooder until they get old enough. Here's a video of them as of yesterday.

I can't wait to be a productive member of BYC!

--Lindsay
Dutch Hollow Acres

Greetings from Kansas, Lindsay, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! Happy your hubby finally saw the light. He won't be disappointed once he tastes those great farm raised eggs! Plus chickens are just cool to have around! Good luck to you and your poultry adventure!

Back
Top Bottom