Hi Guys

Clintypops

In the Brooder
Dec 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and give everyone a little info about me and my little chickens.

My name is Clinton and im from the UK .I'm pretty new to keeping chickens and have only been at it since July this year. I fell in love with silkies from the moment i saw a picture online of one and became obsessed with them. I started by incubating eggs at home and got two little ones out of the hatch. I was hooked the moment they hatched and went out and bought two grown silkie hens. So have four in total now. One gold one silver partridge one white and one blue.

I have loved having the chickens and it brings me so much joy watching them forage and tootle about my garden happily. Also as a keen gardener I have loved having the natural slug control toand the addition of chicken poop has really improved my compost lol

I also have three chihuahuas who have also embraced the newcomers to the household. They are pretty protective of them now and see off any cats the come into the garden when the girls are out. It's funny to see them all out together as the birds are bigger then the dogs are.

Since I started incubating my clutch I have used BYC as a great source of information and to answer any questions that have popped up. I have joined up finally as I am looking forward to meeting you all and getting involved in a community of fellow minded poultry keepers and get even more great advise from you all.

christmas chicks.png

Back
Top Bottom