Hi Guys!

BartsTess

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
My name is Tess. I live in Michigan where winter NEVER ends, it seems!
roll.png
I had chickens briefly about 10 years ago, but had a freak thing happen concerning a rooster attacking my toddler so badly that when we went to the emergency room they thought he went through the windshield! But....from what I've learned, apparently that is a real oddity and my youngest is now 11, so figured we'd give it another try because we LOVED having them! (and he can run faster now!
lol.png
)

So last weekend I woke hubby up and made him take me to a 'Bird Exchange' at the fairgrounds about 40 miles away by 6:00 AM so I'd 'get the good ones' before they were all picked over! haha He's a keeper! We were there with cages and flashlights in hand by 5:50 and I brought home 3 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Golden Laced Wyandott's and 2 Isa Brown's! All pullets.....but still hunting for a couple of other breeds for my small little well-loved chicken family! I've carefully chosen the breeds because, "Nice DOES matter" and I want a FRIENDLY flock!
wink.png

I've forgotten a lot over the years and was really happy to find this forum! You can read all the magazine articles and books that you want, but NOTHING compares to a group like this one, sharing personal experience!

Thanks for having me! (more like, 'putting UP with me!)
tongue.png

Ok! I'm off to check out some posts!

Tess

Nice to meet you!
smile.png

Sorry, I forgot to mention everyone ELSE who resides here in our nest!

Eventually married my high school sweetheart and first love. (took him us a couple of false starts, but we made it!) We have 6 kids combined (he had custody of his 2 sons and I had 2 sons and a daughter when we merged. Then we HURRIED and had one son together before my eggs dried up! haha) , but are down to only 2 remaining at home. Feels almost like an empty nest already and I'm trying to fill the void AND trying to learn to cook SMALL! (we eat most dinners at least twice, sometimes more! lol)

We have 3 grand daughters, 1 grandson and ALL of them live over 1500 miles away! (AZ and WA)
hmm.png

We also have 3 horses, 8 German Shepherds (not a typo! I am a kennel, although I haven't had pups in a couple of years) and 2 Australian Shepherds, one barn cat, 7 chicks and a partridge in a pear tree!

ps. We love the Lord too, but (don't hate me!) we don't attend church often. My bad. I know.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom