Hi! I’m Ashley

AshRosc

Chirping
May 22, 2019
I am new to chickens! I just got 6 hens yesterday and a 12 wk old rooster. I am not entirely sure of the breeds yet. The seller told me, but I can’t remember what he said they were. I wanted to get chickens because I love animals and I thought they would be a good place to start. My husband and I bought a 12 acre farm (complete with an old chicken coop) last summer and we are looking forward to doing some “farm” stuff now. So far they have been really fun to watch.
Some of my hobbies are crafting, camping, and yoga.
I am a stay at home mom and wife. I have 2 children; an 8 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. I also have a nearly 2 year old border collie/lab mix rescue pup. I look forward to chatting with everyone here! I have done enough research to feel comfortable enough to get started with chickens, but I still have so many more questions. Thank you in advance for your help

Hi Ashley and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new hobby.

Here are some links to key resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Hello AshRosc.
Welcome to BYC.
Have you introduced your collie to the chickens yet?
Somewhat. He is WAY too interested in them right now, so I’m just letting him smell the coop while I’m in it with them. The baby rooster escaped and he chased after him so we’re not doing too well so far lol he is typically very easy to train though so I’m sure once I spend some more time teaching him to just leave them alone he will be ok. We just let him roam the property as he pleases so I really don’t want to change that but for the time being he can only run around outside if I’m out there with him.

Back
Top Bottom