Hi! I am another newbie--checking in from, Central Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mountaincountryfarms, Aug 25, 2011.

1. mountaincountryfarms

mountaincountryfarms New Egg

Aug 25, 2011
    Signing in for the first time from Central Oregon---the high desert---have had chickens throughout my long life and love them all---really love the Birchen Cochins and hopefully finally have a breeding pair---we shall see. Have four young--week olds--2 Birchins and 2 Mottled and with my luck I will have four roosters. I also have laying hens--Buff Orpington, Barred Rock and Golden Sexlink---lots of eggs---enough that I am freezing a few every week so that I will have "fresh frozen" eggs for their down times---also have one Bronze hen turkey---a sweetheart and good egg layer also. I would like to eventually have a few different breeding pairs of Cochins---my Birchin, a Buff pair and ---well, I am thinking about the choices I must make. Looking forward to learning lots from all of you terrific people. The mama at mountaincountryfarms!

2. Symphony

Symphony Vanilla, Little Airt Airt

[​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

You came to the right place

Imp

4. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Glad to have you here. Hoping for at least a couple of hens for you! [​IMG]

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas, mountaincountry! [​IMG] Glad you joined our flock! Enjoy your birds! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. Citron_d'uccle

Citron_d'uccle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    [​IMG] from a former Central Oregonian. I grew up near Madras, moved to Texas 7 years ago. I miss the 'beauty' of CO, but as dad always says "You can't eat beauty". Moved to TX after getting laid off from the sawmill. You came to the right place. Glad to have y'all. Add me to your buddy list if you would like.

8. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hello and welcome to BYC!

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by