Hi I live on the Olympic peninsula in Washington state. I love my chickens!

Linda montgomery

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2023
I started raising chickens 5 years ago. I inherited my daughters 3 chickens, one of them hatched 2 chickens my first summer here. I lost my dog, who was my baby. I was still getting use to retirement. We live far from any big city. One of them got attacked by an eagle, my husband rescued her from Eagle, so I took her to the vet. $400 dollars. At which point my husband built me a nice size run with netting on top, and bought me a beautiful coop 10x14. I got 2 salmon Faverolls , these are my favorites, I have 8 chickens right now, with 10 more Faverolls coming in May, I will be splitting them with my 11 year old granddaughter, we all call her the “chicken whisperer” I now have a second small coop attached to the run for babies to live in till they are ready to go in with my other girls. I love my set up and not far from my house. The babies stay in my house till old enough to go outside. I have learned so much in the past 5 years by reading blogs on chicken sights. I have had to nurse 3 chickens in my house, And have not lost one. I love my girls, they all have names. I have learned so much from them. Thank you for letting me join.

Back
Top Bottom