Hi I Was Wondering What Are Some Breeds You Guys Mixedd For Better ???

no i mean like some people mixed ornish with stronger legged breeds and then after a while they came out with a stronger legged cornish. did any of you due anything like that to improve egg production or did any of you mix breeds and come out with the ultimate roaster?

[email protected] :

no i mean like some people mixed ornish with stronger legged breeds and then after a while they came out with a stronger legged cornish. did any of you due anything like that to improve egg production or did any of you mix breeds and come out with the ultimate roaster?

the thing is if such a mix existed they would not be as productive as white leghorns or cornishX...

you need lots of eggs? stay with Leghorns, they are about the best breed in term of feed/egg production

you need lots of meat and quick? stay with cornishX nothing beats them for the feed/pound they put on such a short time, but for about 10 weeks​

Personally I feel that the creation of new breeds should be left to those with a background in genetics . That background can be many years of breeding purebreds , or scholastic enveavor. The chicken has been around for thousands of years , and there are many pure breeds available as well as market crosses already available . The crosses for meat or eggs or both are made with vastly superior birds than the average chicken. If one is intent on such a path , then Study Study and Study again . Read books on Poultry Genetics and do some searches on the crosses that were made to make the presently available market breeds. Good Luck

Mutts are mutts, and people will buy them, but not pay much for them.

Individuals can create a new breed. It will take you a lot of years and a lot of work to get a new breed that consistently breeds true.

You can take a pure breed and by selective breeding improve laying or breast size, or rate of growth, or feed conversion, and you will always have a pure breed, just an exceptionally good strain of them. And yes, people will buy those and if they really are a better strain, they will pay decent money for them.

ok im planning on making a bigger breed of chicken like a meat bird when I sell him what do I sell him as rir x br x nh x cornish or do i name it something else

[email protected] :

ok im planning on making a bigger breed of chicken like a meat bird when I sell him what do I sell him as rir x br x nh x cornish or do i name it something else

good luck with that... so is the other 47 million people in the world..

what's the cornish you're using? as well as the other breeds? I hope it's not hatchery stock.. you'll never get anywhere with that.​

Back
Top Bottom